Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Assignment: Business Law Research Paper
- Pick your topic. Your topic should relate to business law. Make every effort to limit your paper to legal or policy issues
- Take time to conduct background research on your topic in order to understand the legal landscape. Develop inquiry based questions
- The research paper will be 8-10 pages
- Use the IRAC (Issue, Rule, Analysis, Conclusion) method to organize your paper
- Quality research will be evidenced by sources you select (textbook, newspapers, magazines, etc) to support your analysis. Cite your reference using APA format
Exploring a Topic
CQ Researcher and General Library Databases are a good place to begin exploring a topics that address both legal and business issues. Use the resources listed below to search on a topic and find background information.
Academic Search Complete
Searches over 13,000 journals covering a wide array of academic disciplines including biological sciences, economics, communications, computer sciences, engineering, language and linguistics, arts and literature, medical sciences and women's studies.
Sample Topical Areas
- Recent developments in product liability law
- Discrimination in employment labor law
- Competition and Antitrust Legislation in Health Care