Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Instructional Materials Center
Your Instructional Materials Center, located on the lower level of Belk Library, is a model pre-K - 12 school library media center.
In it you'll find:
- Children's and Young Adult Literature (Fiction, Non-Fiction, Picture Books, Biographies, etc.)
- Curriculum and Lesson Planning Ideas and Examples
- Professional and Reference Collections
- Audiovisual materials (CDs, DVDs, Software, etc.)
- Manipulatives and Displays (Posters, Models, Puppets, Games)
- K-12 Textbooks (both N.C. state adopted and supplementary)
We help you by:
- Providing reference service to ASU students, faculty, and staff, as well as area educators and community members
- Offering "readers advisory" for all ages and reading levels
- Hosting classes and workshops on finding and using library resources
- Providing public computers for research (via the library catalog, databases, periodical indexes, and the Internet.)
- Maintaining the "Idea Factory," a media production facility designed exclusively for education students and area educators
Chat with us or come by.
Resources Available Outside ASU
Resources available through the State Library of North Carolina
Lesson plans, author interviews, and blogs for books on all reading levels and subjects.
Lesson Planning Resources
There are many lesson planning websites. Here is a list to help you locate good, free lesson plans.
Lessons designed by master teachers for the Common Core
Lesson plans and websites from the National Endowment for the Humanities in partnership with the National Trust for the Humanities and the MarcoPolo Education Foundation
This website contains lesson plans, practical information for educators, information on how to integrate technology in the classroom, articles written by education experts, website reviews, and professional development information. It contains games to teach science, math, and reading.
Library of Congress Teachers
Resources for teachers developed by librarians and educators at the Library of Congress
Math lesson plans and activities
NEA Lesson Plans
Lesson plans from the National Education Association as well as a custom search for lesson plans found on the Web. Lesson plans for all subjects are included.
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
The NCTM offers lesson plans, math problems, teaching tips and family resources
National Science Foundation Classroom Resources
The NSF offers lesson plans and resources for teachers
New York Times Lesson Plans
Browse by subject to find lesson plans based on New York Times content. Teachers can use or adapt lessons across several subject areas and grade levels.
This website includes lesson plans on many subjects and professional development resources.
Physical education lesson plans
This website contains classroom resources, professional development tools, and resources for parents.
Lesson plans and resources are included on the Smithsonian website for teachers.
Lesson plans on a variety of subjects and grade levels.
Founded in 1991 by the Southern Poverty Law Center, Teaching Tolerance is dedicated to reducing prejudice, improving intergroup relations and supporting equitable school experiences for children. Teaching Tolerance provides free educational materials to teachers and other school practitioners in the U.S. and abroad.