This guide provides brief information regarding who to contact for help, key areas of the library homepage and alerts you to the free document delivery services available to you. Please take a few minutes to explore the library homepage.
When you start working on research papers in the fall, check out the Higher Education Library Guide which has more details about searching for and locating books, articles, and more.
Getting Help -- Subject Liaison to the Higher Education Program I am your librarian while you are in the Higher Education program. I am available to assist you with quick questions and in-depth library research consultations. See my contact information on the left.
I am providing workshops in fall semester which review how to find scholarly literature for your research papers. Please consider attending one to learn more about searching the education-specific article databases effectively.
I look forward to working with you. Don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions you have.
search for journal article literatureon a particular topicvia an education database
connect to My Library Account to see what you've checked out (and had mailed to you - free - see below)
Learn About Document Delivery
Would you like a book mailed to your home? Or do you need an article that isn't available locally?
Request ASU, WCU and UNC-Asheville resources - we mail them to your home at no cost to you.
1. Search ASU's Library Catalog. (Select WNCLN to search ASU, Western Carolina and UNC-A.)
2. Find something you want? Click the Request link.
3. Login and when prompted for Pickup Location, select ASU Distance Learning/Doctoral
4. That's it! It will be mailed to your home with a postage paid return label.
5. Check My Library Account to see what you've checked out, renew, items and more.
Books and Thesis/Dissertations from Away - we mail them to your home at no cost to you.
1. Use ILLiad - our interlibrary loan system.
2. Select New Request - BookorNew Request - Thesis. Provide requested information.
3. That's it! Check ILLiad - View options to see what you've requested, received, and more.
The article you need is not available electronically? We will get a copy for you - at no charge to you.
1. Request the article via ILLiad - our interlibrary loan system.
2. Select New Request - Article. Complete the form and submit it.
3. We will find it, scan it, and make it available to you electronically. At no cost to you.
Learn About - My Library Account
My Library Account is your access to your library account. You can: