Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Zoom Web Conferencing
Appalachian's web conferencing tool, Zoom, allows faculty, staff, and students to interact live via a web interface. Web conferencing allows anyone with a computer and Internet connection or a mobile device with the app installed to interact with two-way audio, video, chat, screen sharing, breakout rooms, recording, and more. Users can send invitations to any email address, so it is easy to bring in participants from outside the University. All Appstate students have Zoom 'Pro' accounts, and are equally able to use this product, both to host and to attend meetings.
You can use Zoom web conferencing tools to:
- Create online study rooms of up to 50 participants from a computer or mobile device
- "Winterize your study group" and meet virtually during inclement weather
- Bring in guest speakers from distant locations, including those external to the University
- Hold virtual study group hours
- Users can access Zoom via our custom landing page at: https://appstate.zoom.us ; via the Zoom Mobile apps; or via the Zoom activity in AsULearn (for Teacher role in AsULearn only).
Create your virtual space