The AppCard Office is responsible for issuing AppCards. The appropriate form must be completed at the AppCard Office.
*Dependents requesting AppCards must be accompanied by the Appalachian student or employee, and the appropriate forms must be completed. Dependents of permanent employees (faculty and staff) and retired employees qualify for an AppCard and associated privileges:
- Students and permanent or retired employees of Appalachian State University may request Dependent AppCards. Dependents of temporary employees and adjunct faculty are not eligible for AppCards and the associated privileges.
- Dependents under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult while using university facilities.
- There is a nominal fee for these cards.
For AppCard purposes, dependents are defined as:
- Domestic Partners: Two adults, not legally married, in an intimate and committed relationship who share the same address.
- Children under 19 years of age living at home.
- Children 19 years or older who qualify as a dependent for federal income tax purposes. Specifically, this means that the child is currently enrolled as a full-time student.
For dependent privileges, please see the following link.
Library Resources/Services for Dependent AppCards
(Spouses or Domestic Partners)
Here is the link to view our University Libraries resources/services you can get using a Dependent AppCard.