Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What's in this Guide
This guide is designed to help you with your Math research project. It contains information on finding books and scholarly articles. It gives information on different types of searches and citation.
Where to begin?
- Know your assignment & what kind of resources you are required to use (e.g., books, articles, web sites, etc.)
- Explore your topic (write down key words as you find preliminary information). Brainstorm.
- Try broader, narrower, variant spellings, or related terms:
- math / mathematician / mathematics
- geometry / algebra
- quadratic / "number theory" / "mathematical notation"
- statistics / "statistical methods"
- Al-Khowarizmi / Al-Khwarizmi