Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Big Picture of Research
Authority is Constructed and Contextual
- Understand the expertise of the author of information as well as the context.
Information Creation as a Process
- Creating information involves many different stages or processes that may be repeated.
Information Has Value
- Information is valuable not only in what you consume but also what you create.
Research as Inquiry
- Curiosity should guide your research as you ask questions throughout the process.
Scholarship as Conversation
- We all offer various perspectives to the greater pool of knowledge.
Searching as Strategic Exploration
- Research involves searching in a strategic way that becomes more specific and involves multiple locations.
This guide is a resource for students in the First Year Seminar, Beyond Normal which focuses on the topic of disability and advocacy.
Resources for properly citing in APA citation format.
Resources for creating professional, properly cited poster presentations.