Authority is Constructed and Contextual
- Understand the expertise of the author of information as well as the context.
Information Creation as a Process
- Creating information involves many different stages or processes that may be repeated.
Information Has Value
- Information is valuable not only in what you consume but also what you create.
Research as Inquiry
- Curiosity should guide your research as you ask questions throughout the process.
Scholarship as Conversation
- We all offer various perspectives to the greater pool of knowledge.
Searching as Strategic Exploration
- Research involves searching in a strategic way that becomes more specific and involves multiple locations.