The catalog provides access to the library holdings of Appalachian State University (books, movies, music scores, music cd's, government documents, audiobooks, and more).
Use ABC Express and Request Item to order books from UNC-Asheville or WCU (delivery takes just a day or two).
Use Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) to order books from UNC Libraries and thousands more. Delivery takes ~ 1-2 weeks. About ILLIAD.
Books, dvds, and more mailed to your home address - free! Ask if you have questions.
Note: This service is for distance education students and all doctoral students.
Request ASU, WCU and UNC-Asheville resources:
1. Search ASU's Library Catalog. (Select WNCLN to search ASU, Western Carolina and UNC-A.)
2. Find something you want? Click the Request link.
3. When prompted for Pickup Location, select ASU Distance Learning/Doctoral
4. That's it! Check My Account to see what you've checked out, renew, items and more.
Books and Thesis/Dissertations from Away:
1. Use ILLiad - our interlibrary loan system.
2. Select New Request-Book or New Request-Thesis. Provide requested information.
3. That's it! Check ILLiad - View options to see what you've requested, received, and more.
Use a specific word, phrase or combine words that represent your broad topic.
Use Library of Congress Subject Headings, from highly relevant books that your keyword search turned up.