The Library has over 140,000 ebooks in the EBSCO eBook Collection. These include many interesting books from small and academic presses. Almost all of them can be checked out and downloaded.The easiest way to view EBSCO eBooks is to read them online. Click on PDF Full Text to read the eBook online.
Here's how to get them on your iPad, iPhone, or Android device. You have to do these 4 steps just once:
You need to do the following steps each time to download an EBSCO ebook.
From your portable device:
- Open your Bluefire Reader App. You will see Find My Library/Library Locator
- Find your book(s). Click on "Download (Offline)"
- Sign in (using your EBSCOhost account), click on Login
- Click on Checkout & Download (most eBooks are available for 21 days)
- You will get a message: Download successful Read Later or Read Now
Use Adobe Digital Editions instead of Bluefire Reader for Nooks, PCs, and Macs. Kindles are not compatible (except for PDFs of chapters).
If you need help, please ask for assistance at the Library Service Desk.